Prev: Re: [Service] Ranks and Designations Next: Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu

Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 04:07:07 PST
Subject: Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu

On Fri, 17 Jan 2003 14:29:06 +1100 "Alan and Carmel Brain"
<aebrain@webone.com.au> writes:
>From: "Glenn M Wilson" <triphibious@juno.com>
>
>> Is nothing classified anymore???
>>
>> And the drop in level of classification is enough to make you break
>out
>> in a sweat.	Hell, they even let them publish stuff about the
>fringes of
>> compartmentalization.
>
>Do a Google on "Allied Tactical Publication".
>About 1/20 of the entries are in Cyrillic.

Never assume your enemy (or your ally currently) is stupid.

>So I guess that someone figured out that since the opposition already
>knew about this stuff, there was no point in keeping it so highly
>classified that handling it was a chore.

Actually an executive order down graded (not declassified) a ton of
stuff
years ago.
Projects were put on hold while the classification of 'stuff' was
changed
to reflect teh new reality.  At least according to the media...

Gracias,
Glenn

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: Re: [Service] Ranks and Designations Next: Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu