Prev: downgrading and declassifying Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu Next: Re: downgrading and declassifying Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu

Re: [Service] Ranks and Designations

From: Glenn M Wilson <triphibious@j...>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:42:28 PST
Subject: Re: [Service] Ranks and Designations

On Thu, 16 Jan 2003 18:07:11 -0500 Adrian Johnson
<adrian.johnson@sympatico.ca> writes:
<snip a 'simple' system that fails despite the apparent logic...>

>I suppose it sort of makes sense... if you have one school training
>all the
>"x" and those "x" people are used for all service branches, it reduces
>redundancy.

Well, the uSAF used to train Navy (Planes anyway) and Marine (land IIRC)
navigators (and EWOs and... others) at Mather AFB (Now closed...) during
the early to mid 1970's.

>Didn't in any way stop the inter-service rivalries or competitiveness,
>however...

Land Component - they thought that would fool anyone into thinking other
than "Army"?  Shudder...

Gracias,
Glenn

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com

Prev: downgrading and declassifying Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu Next: Re: downgrading and declassifying Re: [OT] Bravo Zulu