Prev: Re: DS/SG: Rules for area-effect "Thor" and "Rocks" Next: Re:Hutt River Province

Re: [OT] Corruption

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 18:56:31 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Corruption

> No, of course free trade promotes no
> corruption.... (in the government!)......

At the time I was selling plastics, Navy rules were that you had to
fill out 17 pages of paperwork; and my company rules were that a
minimum purchase was $50.  So occasionally, when someone just needed a
small piece of material, we'd give him a "sample" and he'd leave
something--usually food--for the warehouse crew.

OTOH, following the rules can result in stupidity.  One Marine air
station called in every couple of months for a custom diameter rod.
It was about $4 worth of material and $100 set-up charge to grind it
down to the diameter they wanted.  I explained that "You can get one
every other month at $104 each, or you can get a couple of years worth
for $140."  Their rules only allowed them to stock one at a time,
though, so they went the $104 route.

Prev: Re: DS/SG: Rules for area-effect "Thor" and "Rocks" Next: Re:Hutt River Province