Prev: Re: Cross Fingers Next: Stargrunt.ca

Re: Cross Fingers

From: "Mike Elliott" <Mike.Elliott@s...>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 13:13:34 +0000
Subject: Re: Cross Fingers

Congratulations Alan,
I know how hard it can be to get software to work - and in your case "on
site visits" must be a little difficult!!

Cheers, Mike

Those who are on the sfconsim-l list will already know this.

Fedsat was launched successfully from Tanegashima on the 15th.
Do a google news search with keyword "Fedsat" for the latest.

>Yours truly headed up the software development for the
>spaceflight avionics. So if it doesn't work after booster
>separation you'll know who to blame.

There are some interesting pictures and AVI video taken during
construction
and testing at
http://www.crcss.csiro.au/fdsatpic/newpics/aug2002/fdstpic4.html
(The AVIs are pretty damn big though...)

Plus RealPlayer video and pictures of both liftoff and satellite
separation
at
http://h2a.nasda.go.jp/live_e.html.

http://abc.net.au/news/justin/nat/newsnat-16dec2002-60.htm
"We downloaded some housekeeping data, which showed (the satellite) in
good
condition, and we initiated some commands that allowed us to slow the
rotation down, getting it ready for pointing and doing the research
experiments."

 So the software works, and I'm a happy man.

This email has originated from Steria Ltd (formerly Integris Ltd),
Registration No: 2706218.

Privileged, confidential and/or copyright information may be contained
in
this email, and is only for the use of the intended addressee. To copy,
forward, disclose or otherwise use it in any way if you are not the
intended recipient or responsible for delivering to him/her is
prohibited.

If you receive this email by mistake, please advise the sender
immediately,
by using the reply facility in your email software.

We may monitor the content of emails sent and received via our network
for
the purposes of ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.

relationships between Steria Ltd and the recipient.

Office registered at: Computer House, Great West Road, Brentford,
Middlesex, TW8 9DH

Prev: Re: Cross Fingers Next: Stargrunt.ca