Prev: Re: [sfconsim-l] Cross Fingers... Next: Re: Cross Fingers

Re: Cross Fingers

From: "Alan and Carmel Brain" <aebrain@w...>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2002 23:21:46 +1100
Subject: Re: Cross Fingers

Those who are on the sfconsim-l list will already know this.

Fedsat was launched successfully from Tanegashima on the 15th.
Do a google news search with keyword "Fedsat" for the latest.

>Yours truly headed up the software development for the
>spaceflight avionics. So if it doesn't work after booster
>separation you'll know who to blame.

There are some interesting pictures and AVI video taken during
construction
and testing at
http://www.crcss.csiro.au/fdsatpic/newpics/aug2002/fdstpic4.html
(The AVIs are pretty damn big though...)

Plus RealPlayer video and pictures of both liftoff and satellite
separation
at
http://h2a.nasda.go.jp/live_e.html.

http://abc.net.au/news/justin/nat/newsnat-16dec2002-60.htm
"We downloaded some housekeeping data, which showed (the satellite) in
good
condition, and we initiated some commands that allowed us to slow the
rotation down, getting it ready for pointing and doing the research
experiments."

So the software works, and I'm a happy man.

Prev: Re: [sfconsim-l] Cross Fingers... Next: Re: Cross Fingers