Prev: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams, part 2 Next: Re: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communic ations

Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams, part 2

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 17:09:41 -0500
Subject: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams, part 2

>But the Mary class is not intended to hunt St.
Andrews.  It's intended to fight in line of battle
against IFed fleet, and I'm fairly sure that it could
take down a Arabia class SDN

Given that Mary masses 250 and Arabiya masses 204, I should expect so.

>in the spinal armament slot, theoretically could be a
class 5 beam weapon, or 4 PTs or 4 CL3s[1]).

I'm inclined to a heavy PTorp or two.  Usually.  But you never know, it
might be 16 submunition packs.

>importantly, a squadron built around a Mary could take
down a squadron built around an Arabia

That rather depends on the squadron, methinks.

>[1]Neither know nor care 'bout Laserlight's universe,
but in mine there are no area affect weapons.  No nova
cannons, wave guns, or plasma bolts.

Tunguska class AE system defense cruiser is known to carry an antimatter
cloud weapon which has the same effects as a wave gun.	Aside from that,
no.

http://mail2web.com/ .