Prev: Re: Small Alien Empires (and more) Next: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams, part 2

RE: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 10:46:19 -0800 (PST)
Subject: RE: [FAQ] FH what? Re: [DSII] Dozy question re: Command/Communications

--- "laserlight@quixnet.net" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
wrote:
> Iohannes the Miffed said:
> >tags.  On of them is FH Byz for Future History,
> Byzantine.  Try NRE, for New Roman Empire, unless
> there's some other Roman revivalists out there.  I'd
> no more refer to Romans as Byzantine than I would
> refer to New Zealand as Australia Minor.
>
> But everyone else would, and you never know when
> some fan of Big Julie will
> decide to have SGII:Alesia, or someone will cook up
> a FT/DS New Punic Wars
> campaign.

FML[1] and FMArmenian would be overall very simillar
ruleswise.  The main difference being introduction of
heavy shock cavalry.  As for FT/DS New Punic Wars, who
would be the Carthaginians?  The closest analoge would
be the Japanese, I guess. . .

John

[1]3 pointer, and Laserlight and Don are both disqualified.

http://mailplus.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: Small Alien Empires (and more) Next: Re: Points balance on K-guns vs Beams, part 2