Prev: Re: [OT] Rememberance Day Next: Re: [SG] Overwatch

[SG] OW

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2002 23:29:01 -0500
Subject: [SG] OW

I said:

> [Tomb] Explicit in what I said originally,
OW is a fire action. Since it is illegal to take
two fire activations in one activation, that
was covered.

Laserlight replied:

It isn't illegal.  You can split fire, as you
note below. It just gets tricky to keep track
of which of your guys fired in their
actiavtion, and which are being held on OW

[Tomb] I clarify: It is illegal for any figure
(I think the rules might indicate weapon,
but I'm not a big fan of the shoot one rifle,
grab a rocket launcher and fire it school of
thought) to fire more than once per
activation. It isn't illegal for a squad to do
so,  but for a figure to do so. Which is why
there is no danger of the squad having
everyone fire then go on OW. Yes, some
could fire, some could go on OW. This is
only as challenging to track as firing half a
squad and having the other half fire at
something else, except you have to keep
track across the turn (my group doesn't
write it down and I don't think there has
ever been contention as to who is on OW
or not... we're explicit when we state).

Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte

Prev: Re: [OT] Rememberance Day Next: Re: [SG] Overwatch