Prev: Re: The IMC takes form Next: Re: [SG2] PBEM AAR - Valley of Death - Playtest Rules - 3 of 5

Re: Interesting article on sci-fi mass transit

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Tue, 05 Nov 2002 16:28:44 +0100 (CET)
Subject: Re: Interesting article on sci-fi mass transit

Ryan Gill schrieb:
> At 3:14 AM -0500 11/5/02, ShldWulf@aol.com wrote:
> >

> >Having purused this site before, I'd have to say I'd be
> surprised ANYONE would build one considering the cost and
> technical difficulty.
> I'd consider a more "practical" mass transit system
> along these lines:
> >
> >  >http://www.aeromobile.com/aeroduct1.htm
>
> I'm curious to see how switches work between two lines.
> Still, it could be a good colony level mass transit for covering
> long distances with very cheap local materials.

I seriously doubt that building a continent-wide network of vacuum
tunnels is cheaper than building a set of airports.

Plus, air traffic patterns are much more flexible than those tied to a
fixed network.

Greetings
Karl Heinz

Prev: Re: The IMC takes form Next: Re: [SG2] PBEM AAR - Valley of Death - Playtest Rules - 3 of 5