Prev: RE: [SG] Smoke Next: Re: Numerous bits

Re: Numerous bits

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@h...>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 10:06:44 -0600
Subject: Re: Numerous bits

On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 17:05:07 -0500, kaladorn@magma.ca wrote:

>I think you meant UP1.

Definitely. That was a typo.

>5. Smoke launching should be considered a firing action. Allan, if
>you haven't seen this abused, you need to get out and game more... it
>is very easy to have two activations, FIRE then POP SMOKE.

I play mostly with those without a military background. Smoke hasn't
been a
big issue. I often don't "play", either, but referee. As such, yes, I
need to
get out and game more!!!!! (Of course, there doesn't seem to be that
many
gamers within 2 hours of me...).

I will only use smoke as a fire action, then. However, the rules don't
let you
fire when suppressed. This means that suppressed units don't get to pop
smoke.
Is this realistic? Or do you make smoke count as a fire action, but the
only
fire action you can conduct while suppressed?

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: RE: [SG] Smoke Next: Re: Numerous bits