Prev: Re: Mixed combat units Next: Re: Mixed combat units

Re: Mixed combat units

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 16:00:24 -0500
Subject: Re: Mixed combat units

>It would depend on just how 'Islamic' the Islamic Federation really is.

>Is it a 'Taliban' culture, where women cannot read?   Is it an Iran
culture
>with more freedom?   Is it an Indonesia with more western influence?
>Or is it a mixture of all three?

I don't see the hardliners likely to have the ability operate and
maintain
starships.  Even somewhat more open regimes (eg Saudi) have a large
number
of Western contractors to keep things running.	If the IF is going to be
independent, I think it's going to have to be more like Egypt. The canon
history specifies that in 2163, Islamic fundamentalists seize power in
New
Riyadh; however, "fundamentalist" does not inherently mean "ignorant
hick"
and it could very well be that the resurgeance of the IF is partly due
better education and work ethic than the previous government.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Mixed combat units Next: Re: Mixed combat units