Prev: RE: [SG2] [WW2] Quad .50 half-track Next: RE: [SG2] [WW2] Quad .50 half-track

Re: [SG2] [WW2] Quad .50 half-track

From: "Kevin Balentine" <kevinbalentine@m...>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:33:34 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG2] [WW2] Quad .50 half-track

We handle this situation by making sure the fire control dice are a
different
color from the quality die.

Then, a quick glance at the dice tells you how many major hits, minor
hits
and misses you have without having to roll each barrel independently.
You
will, however, have to roll each impact independently, but that
generally
doesn't take too long and doesn't make a quad-RFAC a BOLO killer, or
allow
a .50 cal to take out a Panther.

>No, my suggestion of rolling the barrels independently was only against
>aircraft or any other vehicle! The reason is that if you roll each
barrel
>together against vehicles you get weird things happening. You will more

than
>likely get major hits (which doubles the impact of the weapon) and then

how do
>you resolve impact? Take the impact roll, multiply it per barrel, and
then
>double that?
>
> But, with a quad mount, you'd be rolling QD +
>FC + FC + FC + FC. That's probably 5D8 versus whatever range die.
You're very
>likely to get a major hit. Then, you'd be rolling 8D12 against the
armour.
Not