Prev: RE: Mine Probing Next: Re: Mine Probing

RE: Mine Probing

From: "Noel Weer" <noel.weer@v...>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2002 20:42:04 -0500
Subject: RE: Mine Probing

>On 1 Oct 2002 at 9:43, B Lin wrote:
>
>> The point of the mine is to disable or kill an enemy
>> soldier/vehicle
>
>I'm sure John A will say something about this, but as far as I'm
>aware the point of a mine is to _potentially_ kill an enemy. Mines
>work best when they force the enemy to slow down, or pick another
>route, or do something other than what they wanted to do. Killing or
>wounding is just a bonus.
>
>It doesn't matter if the enemy learns that there's a minefield
>present. That just gives _them_ one more thing to worry about.
>
>Try it in SG2 (gosh bringing it on topic?). When you're defending,
>stick a 'Warning Mine Field' sign on the map. Don't say anything
>about it. Watch your opponent take the long way round, under fire all
>the way,
>
>	Steve

Good point, Steve. Same goes for Dirtside. Some of the most effective
minefields I have seen were when the opponent never even set them off,
but
spent more time worrying about how to get around them (or how to get the
engineers to them safely) then was worthwhile. Even better when you know
that they are dummies. :)

Prev: RE: Mine Probing Next: Re: Mine Probing