Prev: Re: [FT] AoG Minis Next: Re: Which nation...

RE: [FT] AoG Minis

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 15:35:04 -0500
Subject: RE: [FT] AoG Minis

> Can anyone fill me in on which scale (B5Wars / Fleet Action) more
> closely matches the GZG FT ship scale?  I'm not all that familiar with
> AoG minis.

Both and neither ;-)

B5Wars full scale minis are not scaled to each other. AOG made the
smaller
ships larger for collectors and to make them easier to sculpt (The White
Star is almost half the size of the Omega Destroyer, while in the show
it is
much smaller)
The largest B5Wars minis are huge and larger than any FT mini.	There
are no
'small' minis in this line and sometimes the mini of an 'escort' ship is
larger than the 'cruiser' in the same fleet.  Off hand I can think of
only a
few B5W minis that just might be small enough to be an FT destroyer.

Fleet Action minis were supposed to be scaled to each other better than
the
B5Wars line, but as always there are exceptions.  The largest ships in
FA
scale would probably be cruisers in FT scale.  The smallest are
comparable
to FT scouts.

So if you want a fleet that looks integrated and comparable to a FT
fleet,
you have to get some of each (which is what many B5 Wars players did,
using
the FA minis for the small ships and the B5W minis for the large ones).

Good luck.

> BTW -- Are the 30-40% sale prices already incorporated into the prices
> on the web site?

Yes, from what I saw looking around (FA blisters are normally $9.95 I
think
for comparison)
Check out their Specials page for larger discounts if you buy a fleet at
time.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com
dean@star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: [FT] AoG Minis Next: Re: Which nation...