Prev: Re: [FT] AoG Minis Next: RE: [FT] AoG Minis

Re: [FT] AoG Minis

From: MxConnell@a...
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2002 16:16:37 -0400
Subject: Re: [FT] AoG Minis

In a message dated Fri, 20 Sep 2002 12:37:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
noam.izenberg@jhuapl.edu writes:

> I wrote Bruce Graw (Agent One) at AoG today when I found out that my
> wish list of closeout minis still ran about $140 after the current
> 30-40% discount. He told me he'd be able to swing free shipping on an
> order that size, but could go as far as 50% off retail if the order
were
> (significantly) larger. I don't know how large that has to be, nor
> whether a group order from another of people would lose the extra
> discount by having to be shipped (again) from the "contact" orderer.
If
> a "regional" group (MD/DC/VA USA) would be interested in a combined
> order, I'd be interested in perhaps being the point of contact if it
> would indeed save everyone some money.
>
> I also inquired about saving some unsold minis from disintigration at
> the last moment for possible donation to ECC, but apparently WB is
> watching AoG inventory and they'd have to pay royalties on
> donations as
> well.  Pretty harsh.

I find it odd that 50% is such a stretch for them. They were at ColdWars
and Historicon selling Bab 5 at 50% off (not FA mind you). One blister
or 100. Problem I had was I felt they were grossly overpriced anyway,
the 50% just got them to just below reasonable. 50% of AOG prices seems
like 10% off everyone else prices. IMHO - YMMV.

Regards,
Martin

Prev: Re: [FT] AoG Minis Next: RE: [FT] AoG Minis