Prev: Re: [OT] The F Scale Next: Re: The FT scale (was Re: The F Scale)

Re: [OT] The F Scale

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@a...>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 13:08:56 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] The F Scale

On Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:54:29 -0700 (PDT), John Atkinson
<johnmatkinson@yahoo.com> wrote:

>I ran a 3.67, unsurprisingly.	I think the strong
>agreement on the statement that "some people are born
>with the urge to jump from high places" had something
>to do with this.

Maybe, though I gave it a 5 out of the 6 options (not sure what was
below
"strongly agree") and came up with a 2.9. Now that I think about it, I'd
probably go back and give that a "strongly agree", which would probably
throw
me into the 3.0 range.

>There were some questions that I
>wanted to answer as "Yes, BUT".  Like the fillial
>affection ones.  I'll say yes you should honor and
>love your parents, with a great big _unless_ to cover
>everything from abuse and neglect to simple bad
>parenting.

I agree with you. I answered pretty much the same way.

>Amusingly, I'm still .2 more liberal than
>the 'average American' in 1950.  One wonders how much
>of that is due to the strong disagreement with the
>homosexual question.

That's probably a big part of it right there.

http://www.hyperbear.com

"We come into the world and take our chances
 Fate is just the weight of circumstances
 That's the way that Lady Luck dances
 Roll the bones." - N. Peart

Prev: Re: [OT] The F Scale Next: Re: The FT scale (was Re: The F Scale)