Prev: Re: The FT scale (was Re: The F Scale) Next: Re: [OT] The F Scale

Re: [Terrain] Blueboard

From: devans@n...
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 09:22:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [Terrain] Blueboard

Sort off OT, but as I'm in the midst of trying a crazy idea for
transportable mountains, most welcome.

***
so I decided to lightly spray them and let the spray propellant eat a
layer
of styrofoam...
***

As in paint? It's the solvent in the paint that 'eats', right?

I've noticed the effect before, and have been firmly told not to spray
with
anything other than water-soluble paint, though I'm thinking the solvent
does nice things as you say. However, do successive coats still 'eat',
or
do the layers of dry paint tend to protect? Also, isn't the melted layer
more brittle and likely to damage if dropped on? Speaking of which...

***
from some spare blue board
***

I'd be happy if I could find blue board, though what I'd REALLY like is
brown. Something embarassing about getting a ding in a hill, only to see
bright pink.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: The FT scale (was Re: The F Scale) Next: Re: [OT] The F Scale