Prev: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 17:23:24 -0400
Subject: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo

> No, it's recognition of the reality of international
> relations, accompanied by a fairly heavy reading of
> the past 10,000 years of recorded history.  You will
> not have "Peace in our Time" unless enforced by a
> nation or group of nations with overwhelming military
> power available to step on the idiots that the
> cesspools of humanity breed.	Hegemony, if not
> Imperium.

You are missing fact that hegemonies and imperiums invariably end up
crushing freedoms and liberties.  In other words "if we can force other
states to do what we want all the time, why can't we force our own
citizens
to do what we want.  It's for their own good, after all."

ias

Prev: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [OT] Liberals was: Personal hoody-hoo