Prev: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo

Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo

From: devans@n...
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2002 02:45:44 -0500
Subject: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo

***
We could start a wildly OT debate that would probably rapidly degenerate
into a flamewar on this topic, and on your opening paragraph... Never
mind.
***

Absolutely; and, we've not discussed the fact I was speaking from a US
perspective, whereas the first two responses came from list members from
other countries where 'liberal' can have a totally different political
meaning.

However, I would like to go back to my first statement. Back when
'liberal'
became a bad word in the US, both from the left (see Phil Ochs 'Love Me,
I'm a Liberal') and the right, the term 'card-carrying liberal' took on
special meaning, and there were actual cards printed up stating such.

So, unless some of those folks are carrying or ever have carried id's
from
actual Liberal Parties, I still assume I am the list's 'card-carrying
liberal'.

If no one else has or had such a card, end of story.

The_Beast

Prev: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo