Prev: RE: [DS] Avalon Inc Weapons Next: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo

Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2002 23:39:42 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo

On Thu, 12 Sep 2002, John Atkinson wrote:

> --- Robin Paul <Robin.Paul@tesco.net> wrote:
>
> > > How come that several people think they are the
> > only liberal on the
> > > list ?
> > > Greetings
> > > Karl Heinz
> >
> > It's our natural Paranoia...
>
> It's a common misconception that liberals hate
> wargaming as much as they enjoy cutting military
> budgets down past the point where their nation's
> military can't defend against a determined Girl Scout
> troop with sticks (see: Canada, Most of Europe).
>
> This is not true--I've gamed with political viewpoints
> running that gamut from an actual card-carrying member
> of CPUSA all the way to Ghengiz Khan's conservative
> cousin (hi, Don!).

CPUSA = Communist Party of the USA? Actual card-carrying? wow...

> It's just 1:1 scale wargaming that liberals don't
> like.

We could start a wildly OT debate that would probably rapidly degenerate
into a flamewar on this topic, and on your opening paragraph... Never
mind.

Wargamers tend, as a very general rule, to be more conservative than
some
other groups.

However, like all very general rules, that one has very broad
exceptions!

Regardless of political stripe, most of the wargamers I've met are more
thoughtful about military matters than non-wargamers from similar parts
of
the spectrum.

Brian.