Prev: Amazing dice rolls Next: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo

Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1333

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 22:10:24 -0500
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V2 #1333

>------------------------------
>
>Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 09:26:48 EDT
>From: GBailey@aol.com
>Subject: (FT) immobile targets vs salvo missiles
>
>- --part1_179.e564d7d.2ab09e98_boundary
>
>Anyone have any good ideas to make immobile units, such as a
>base, less vulnerable to salvo missiles?  That is, without a full
>fleet in attendance, lots of escorting fighters, or nearly its
>entire weapon outlay devoted to PDS, since all of this could
>be countered by the enemy having more missiles and/or a
>bigger fleet?	One idea I thought of, only allowed on bases of
>x+ sizes, is a jammer-network where only half of the missiles
>that get a target lock then lose than lock.  Example: 1 salvo,
>player rolls a 5, so 5 missiles lock onto the target, is then
>halved to 3 missiles that actually have to be defended against.

How about defense satellites? These would be a basic striped down
satellites that are
controlled from the base and would mount an area defense system which
could be used
as part of the base defense.

The idea would be to place them by map till they powered up then place
them on the
table. They would have no self defense system except that they are so
small (and somewhat
stealthy) that they would be difficult to hit. They may also provide
mutual protection if
your invader tries to use fighters or missiles to destroy them.

Another idea is to place your base in an asteroid field and place
automated weapon
systems on the asteroids. Each weapon system would be on the face of one

of the asteroids
and if that asteroid faced away from the shooter then the bulk of the
asteroid would
protect the weapon system.. You may even end up with  SG in space as
marines off
the invading fleet try and take and destroy the weapon systems while
defending marines
try and fight off the invaders.

Scott Siebold

Prev: Amazing dice rolls Next: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo