Prev: RE: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [DS] House Rule Ideas

Re: [DS] Avalon Inc Weapons

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 19:03:48 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [DS] Avalon Inc Weapons

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> CHAMFRON SCREENS
> Against MISSILES and incoming DIRECT FIRE of ALL
> kinds these screens provide
> an EXTRA TARGET DIE, based on the screen rating.
>
> BASIC    D4
> ENHANCED D6
> SUPERIOR D8

OK, I can buy this for a dollar.  Expensive as hell,
and probably also require FGP engines.

> Power armour infantry using energy screens are
> treated as being in SOFT
> COVER at all times.

I'm hesitant to hang this on PA since they have
limited energy budgets.

> ALGARRADA MISSILES
>
> Use the same RANGE and valid DAMAGE chits as
> STANDARD GMS, except that all
> SPECIALS (other than a BOOM chit, which remains a
> BOOM) count as TARGET
> SYSTEMS DOWN.

Eh?  No firer systems down?  And if you're just
changing the mobility kill to systems down, I wouldn't
see why it's worth it.

Suggestion:  Instead of damaging when the damage =
armor, it counts as target systems down.

> ????? EMP MUNITIONS

OK.  No real improvement over regular artillery, but
it's good for those of us whose backgrounds include a
bit of looting.

> GUSICARD PARTICLE CANNONS

>		 RANGE
> CLASS  CLOSE	MEDIUM	LONG
> GPC/1    24"	  30"	36"
> GPC/2    30"	  36"	42"
> GPC/3    36"	  42"	48"
> GPC/4    42"	  48"	54"
> GPC/5    48"	  54"	60"
>
> Damage Table:
>
> At CLOSE range: All chits (at face values)
> At MEDIUM range: RED and YELLOW chits only
> At LONG range: YELLOW chits only

Wait a minute. . . they look suspiciously like MDCs. .
. but vulnerable to ablative armor.  Just a minute,
here.  They are the same as MDCs, but with increased
ranges for the size 1 and two.	Most noticable with
the size 1.

John

Yahoo! News - Today's headlines
http://news.yahoo.com

Prev: RE: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [DS] House Rule Ideas