Prev: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo

Re: [SG] Low Quality Armies

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:52:32 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] Low Quality Armies

>> How do we represent the effect on the CRUD army in SG?

>Do we need any special rules at all ?
>SGII has leadership, quality and mission motivation values for just
such a purposes. If we set all these to 'abysmal' I don't think we need
any special rules.

(and also suggestions on "change/don't change the mission" and "poor
suport")

No, unfortunately that doesn't really reflect what I'm looking for.  For
example, that article talked about the lack of initiative/flexibility in
the junior leadership and the lack of good noncoms.  Okay, partly you
can
show that by giving the CRUD player a poor leader and giving the other
guy
a decent lieutenant and maybe a platoon sergeant also.	What it does not
do, though is show the difficulty in getting units to move in the first
place.

For example, let's say during a withdrawal I've gotten a squad of REMFs
and
I need them to watch a road, report any AFVs and shoot any soft targets.

In an army with high initiative, I should be able to send the squad out
and
they'll actually go and set things up on their own.  In a poorer army
though, I'd pretty much need to lead them by the hand (ie use a
Reactivation every turn until they got to where I wanted them).  Right
now
there's no mechanism for that--until the shooting starts, there's no
difference between a CRUD squad and anyone else.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo Next: Re: [OT] Personal hoody-hoo