Prev: Re: GPS Next: Re: Afghan Pics

Re: DSII Designer questions

From: Yves Lefebvre <ivanohe@a...>
Date: Fri, 06 Sep 2002 22:42:57 -0700
Subject: Re: DSII Designer questions

At 04:19 PM 06/09/2002 -0700, you wrote:

>OK, I downloaded a DSII designer from
>www.tablegamer.com and I found some options with which
>I am not familliar.  There are two new GMS options,
>the /SL and /M, and Genetically Enhanced Infantry
>which is stupidly expensive (nearly 4 times the cost
>of PA.  And for that money they better sing, dance,
>and fly).
>
>Anyone know what houserules support these options?
>
>I'm also probably going to have some bug reports since
>I've been giving it a workout.  But I'm going to wait
>until I do it by hand a time or three to verify
>whether it's my notorious math problem or the
>designer's problem.
>
>John

Hi,

Here's a bug report I had sent to Jim some weeks ago. He might work on
that
once he get a new PC. Fortunately, there are way to work arround some of
them.

ADS and all defensive system : if I choose ENH and put I checkmark to
everything is OK. If I remove the Checkmark, the total cost and capacity
is
reduce (still OK). Now, if I put back the checkmark on, the total is not
updated (note that ENH was still selected). If I reselect ENH, the app
refresh the cost correctly. Maybe you could remove the checkmark since
the
---- choice already means no ADS, that will simplify your code logic.
Some
other defensive system have this bug for the cost or the used
capacity...

Weapons vs PowerPlant : I made a size 4 vehicule with HMT powerplant, I
choose HEL of size 4 and get a warning that HMT must get a HEL a size
class
lower. Now, if I just change Mount or FCS or even put the size of the
weapon bigger, the warning message disapear. ReSelecting HEL bring the
warning back. Changing the Power plant back and forth bring it back too.

Cargo hold : I found that in order for everything to work OK, you need
put a CheckMark and choose a number after. If you select a number and
put a
checkmark, the cargo capacity is not updated. Again, maybe you can
remove
all the checkmark since it is redundant if you already have 0 value...

Infantry : Choose Milita (cost is 15). Select LAD (total 90), select
Arty
Obs (total 140), select cavalry(total 210), select APSW (total 255),
select
engineers (total 328).
Now, deselect enginneers, The total is now 314 instead of 255.
Reselecting
enginners give 357! (click some time on enginners give different value)

Yves

Prev: Re: GPS Next: Re: Afghan Pics