Prev: Re: GPS Next: RE: Thinking out loud. . .

Re: Submarines was Re: Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart!

From: Indy <kochte@s...>
Date: Wed, 04 Sep 2002 15:12:47 -0400
Subject: Re: Submarines was Re: Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart!

devans@nebraska.edu wrote:

> > Not sure what scale you're after,
>
> I'd have to suggest we wait his reply on this, along with 'waterline
or
> full hull? plastic or metal or...?' et. al.

Full hull would be probably more preferable; I plan on mounting these
on stands if possible, with the future option of having different height
stands to represent different "levels" of operation under water (more or
less pseudo-3D combat). Plastic, metal, resin - whatever works!  :-)

> I'd thought of the cheap (<>$10 US) 10inch Gato and Nautilus
(Lindburg?)
> I've seen locally, the old Boomers pack from Supremacy, two of which
I've
> seen slapped together for an interesting space ship hull, the rather
> expensive GHQ WWII and WWIII, as well as the other Nautilus from
Crayola's
> 20K Leagues under the Sea, which I swear will someday be my German
Venusian
> Colony Armoured Zepp (steampunk).
>
> As even more possibilities bubbled to the tangled surface of my mind,
> said 'Halt! Wait for Indy!'

:-)
Oops for me, I should have been more Pacific (no, no! stop with the
puns!).

Scale. Well, haven't really worked that all out, but am looking for
subs approximately the same size as FT ships. The idea I'm working
on is to put together an underwater scenario for ECC VI, using the
AquaZone info as inspirational reference material:

http://www.quantchem.kuleuven.ac.be/research/fysanal/members/bv/GAMES/AQ
UAZONE/aquap.html

I've been working at refining their system and pulling in more of
the FT/FB stuff for this scenario. The notes are rough, but for me,
legible enough to play out scenarios. All I need are minis to do it
with.  :-)  Hence the request.

(why this particular scenario? I plan on introducing yet another
NAC-breakaway colony - the Hawai`ian Free State - imho a more
realistic "breakaway" NAC group than most of the others; as soon
as I finish the write up for HFS - complete with some proper
pronounciation guidelines for Hawai`ian words - I'll give it to
Jerry for the GZGPedia pages)

Indy

Prev: Re: GPS Next: RE: Thinking out loud. . .