Prev: Re: Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart! Next: Re: GPS

Submarines was Re: Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart!

From: "Robin Paul" <Robin.Paul@t...>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2002 16:59:34 +0100
Subject: Submarines was Re: Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart!

----- Original Message -----
From: Tony Francis <tony@brigademodels.co.uk>
To: <gzg-l@csua.berkeley.edu>
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 4:15 PM
Subject: Re: Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart!

> Indy wrote:
>

> >That all said, does anyone know sources for submarines miniatures?
> >I've been searching around, and except for a couple WW2 Jap models,
> >I'm not finding much.  :-/
> >
> Not sure what scale you're after, but Old Crow do a decent 1/300th
scale
> waterline resin SF submarine (it looks like any other submarine to me,
SNIP> Other than that I can think of one or two Revell submarine kits,
> although I don't think that they're waterline.
>
> Tony

Heller do a 1/400 full-hull U-boat  -I _think_it's a TypeVII- with
alternate
parts, and a Surcouf if you can find it.

Tamiya do a kit, Item 31903, in 1/700 containing two US WW2 Gato class
boats, 2 Liberator bombers and 2 Japanese No.13 sub chasers. The subs
give a
choice of full hull or waterline.

Hobbylink Japan has a good few 1/350 subs listed as well as lots in
1/700
and some 1/200. There are some research minisubs at 1/60, too.
http://www.hlj.com

I've seen East European 1/400 kits of old WW2 boats (Shch) in my local
model
shop, so they do exist.

Rob Paul

Prev: Re: Maisto Vehicles are Back at Wal-Mart! Next: Re: GPS