Prev: Re: Berms Next: RE: [FT] Fighter sequence, was Re: Warfair

RE: [Painting] Krylon Mystique

From: "Dean Gundberg" <Dean.Gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 08:49:19 -0500
Subject: RE: [Painting] Krylon Mystique

Beth wrote:
> > Dean mentioned a little while back the 2-colour-paint by Krylon
> (blue-black,
> > green-silver, magenta-gold). I was wondering if anyone had
> bitten the bullet
> > and used it yet? If you have did you get good results? I'm
> having trouble
> > finding an Aussie stockist and it look like it will be a "order from
the
> > States" effort. As a result I wanna be way sure its worth
> > it as this means
> > the paint is going to cost me 10x what the figures did ;)

FYI, I found another company who makes something very similar, maybe
you'll
have a better chance getting it locally from them.  Duplicolor, who at
least
in the US is known for making touch-up paint for cars, has a line called
MIRAGE which might even be the same thing at Krylon's Mystique:
http://www.duplicolor.com/products/mirage.html

Duplicolor's products are usually found in auto parts stores (which is
where
I first saw it).  Their cans are larger than the Krylon version, the
pack of
3 (black base, color coat, clear coat) goes for about $20US as opposed
$15US for the Krylon product, but everything is also available
separately,
so you can buy a different color for about $10US instead of having to
buy a
whole kit.
Colors are a bit different too: Purple/Green, Silver/Green,
Gold/Magenta,
and Red/Blue.

Martin wrote
> I just bought the magenta-gold last night and hope to try it out
> this weekend. I'll post ASAP.

Please do.  I'm still planning on trying this out on minis before the
end of
the year.  Let us know how may coats of the color you used to get the
depth
and color change you wanted.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://www.star-ranger.com

Prev: Re: Berms Next: RE: [FT] Fighter sequence, was Re: Warfair