Prev: Re: Warfair Next: Card Initiative

Re: [SG] Luring players

From: Michael Llaneza <maserati@e...>
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 08:00:59 -0700
Subject: Re: [SG] Luring players

You found the one big flaw of the Firepower system. One way around it
would be to put twice as many chits in the cup as called for, and
'reshuffle' after you've drawn the normal amount of chits. Everyone gets

the same proportion of activations over the course of a game, but the
activation-by-activation results will be much less predicatable.

Firefight definitely has some dicey mechanics. I think they work very
well for close quarters action, such as a boarding action. If you try it

on an open field for a platoon-scale skirmish it'll break completely. If

you need to kill an hour, try a quick game of Firefight with a
half-dozen minis per side, ideally on a set of starship deckplans.

<maserati@earthlink.net>

--
These constitutional guarantees can not be estimated too highly, or
protected too sacredly. The reader of history knows that for many weary

Prev: Re: Warfair Next: Card Initiative