Prev: Re: Card initiative (Gauss rifles) Next: Re: Card initiative

Re: [SG] Luring players

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 11:56:10 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG] Luring players

From: Allan Goodall agoodall@att.net
>I really liked FirePower <snip> their main objection was that if you
got a
run of chits early, your opponent knew you were out of chits and could
run
unopposed through his chits.

I think what I'd do is use one deck for both sides, give my Ldr1 units
three cards each, my Ldr2's get two, Ldr3's get one, and I'd mix in a
couple of "end of turn" cards.	Platoon leaders could use their
reactivations any time a card is about to be drawn.

Another possibility is to give one action per turn and use order chits.
You'd put the chit face down by each unit, then when all orders have
been
issued, flip the chits and execute the moves.  Borrowing FT arcs, you'd
have "Move F", "Move FS", "Move FP", etc, plus "Close Assault", "Planned
fire", "Reaction Fire", "Other" (comms, reorg etc)

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: Card initiative (Gauss rifles) Next: Re: Card initiative