Prev: RE: [FT] SUS - Tractor Beams Next: Re: [FH] Website postings

RE: [FT] SUS - Tractor Beams

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2002 09:42:13 +1000
Subject: RE: [FT] SUS - Tractor Beams

G'day,

> 'turning' ability.

OK.

> Yes - is this too much, do you think? (or not enough).

I hadn't thought about its merits I was just trying to make sure I had
it
straight ;)

> Of the 2, I'd prefer the second, OTOH, the tractor beam I've described
> does not so much 'lock', but rolls for effect each turn.

OK.

> Well, I couldn't see any reason to apply such a limit to tractor beams
> - more detailed tractor rules could take into account the
> 'drag' factor of tractored ships - using Noam's 'tractor tug' rule?

I wasn't necessarily thinking of drag, just wondering why 4x was OK in
one
system, but not in the other (this may well fit with the genre ideas
they
come from as I'm not a tractor beam aficionado)

Cheers

Prev: RE: [FT] SUS - Tractor Beams Next: Re: [FH] Website postings