Prev: Re: British (and other) Weapon Nomencalture Next: Re: New 'electrical active' Armour to defeat hand held anti-tank rounds

Re: Plasma guns (was: Re: Translation)

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t... (K.H.Ranitzsch)
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 07:07:00 +0200
Subject: Re: Plasma guns (was: Re: Translation)

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ground Zero Games" <jon@gzg.com>

> >Sturmplasmagewehr then?
> >StGW?
> >

> Sounds good to me, for the RF anti-personnel version.

I feel Plasmasturmgewehr is more appropiate. In German compund words,
the
core term is at the end - 'Gewehr' / rifle in this case.with
increasingly
finer distinctions towards the beginning. 'Sturmgewehr' is already
well-established, so 'Plasma' would be an additional qualification.
'Sturmplasmagewehr' would be formed if 'Plasmagewehr' / Plasma rifle
were a
common weapon (perhaps as a non-automatic type) and an assault version
was
developed later. The PSG also is easier to pronounce (OK;OK...for
Germans)

> For the big point-target one, "Plasmafaust" sounds just right!
>
> ;-)
>
> Jon (GZG)

Jawohl!

Greetings