Prev: RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers - LLAR - and now Africans... Next: Tomb's Rating System

RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers - LLAR - and now Africans...

From: Ryan M Gill <rmgill@m...>
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 14:42:53 -0400
Subject: RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers - LLAR - and now Africans...

At 10:56 AM -0700 8/16/02, John Atkinson wrote:

>Actually, the Boer War went far worse.  After wiping
>out one column due to incredibly poor leadership on
>the part of that commander, the Zulu nation was more
>or less wiped out as a fighting force.

Agreed, Setaweyo (SP?) himself said that if they won 2 more battles
like the one at Isandlawanda, they were going to loose the war. The
further event at Rourkes Drift underscored the problem of Impis
against formed British Troops with rifles.

"It was a Miracle." "A Miracle and Boxer Henry 45 Caliber."

>Having one good day does not translate into being a
>credible military power.

Yep.

- Ryan Montieth Gill			     '01 Honda Insight -
- rmgill@SPAmindspring.com			    '85 CB700S -
- ryan.gill@SPAMturner.com		 '76 Chevy Monte Carlo -
- www.mindspring.com/~rmgill		       '72 Honda CB750 -
-				      '60 Daimler FV701H Mk2/3 -
-				   '42 Daimler Scout Car Mk II -
-	 The director of Home Security encourages you to       -
-	   turn in your neighbor & spy on your friends.        -
-  C&R-FFL  /  Protect your electronic rights!	  \ EFF-ACLU   -

Prev: RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers - LLAR - and now Africans... Next: Tomb's Rating System