Prev: RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers - LLAR Next: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?

Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers - Swiss/Scandinavians

From: KH.Ranitzsch@t...
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 09:46:21 +0200 (CEST)
Subject: Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers - Swiss/Scandinavians

John Atkinson schrieb:
> --- Thomas Barclay <kaladorn@magma.ca> wrote:
> > Second Rate
> > --------------
> > Swiss
>
> I'd tend to consider them as first rate.  Note that
> historically the Swiss provided the only "first rate"
> infantry in many people's armies.

Well, yes. But that was at least two centuries ago. Almost any nation
had a good army at some point in time. If we extrapolate from the
present situation, I would place the Swiss at the same level with the
Scanfed. Either raise the Scanfed to 2nd rate (my preference) or move
the Swiss down for the same reasons as the Scandinavians. I personally
feel TomBs reason for downgrading them are rather suspect. Present-day
Scandinavian nations have some pretty good equipment, a fair degree of
peace-keeping experience - certainly more than the Swiss - and they
certainly have enough wilderness for large scale exercises, more than
the Swiss.

Greetings

Prev: RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers - LLAR Next: RE: [FT] Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets?