Prev: [FT] HoTT was: Unofficial stats\design principles for new fleets? Next: Re: 2nd/3rd rate powers - Swiss/Scandinavians

RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers - LLAR

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2002 17:31:16 +1000
Subject: RE: 2nd/3rd rate powers - LLAR

G'day,

> If you take present-day forces as a rough guideline, I don't see why
> LLAR should rate lower than African ones. Note also that LLAR troops
> provide large numbers of mercenary forces, and would warrant 'Average
> mercenary' status.

Not sure I agree with using modern forces as a guideline, but I can see
your
point about the mercs bit.

> My inclination would be to place LLAR as 3rd rate and PAU as 4th

I can understand that not everyone can be top notch. I also know they
don't
loom as large as the NAC in the timeline, but can someone please explain
dumbo here why the PAU have such a crap reputation? Is it projecting
from
now bias? Or is there some major comment in the timeline that my
selective
memory has conveniently deleted on me?

Cheers