Prev: RE: [SG] meets [RL] Next: RE: Scouts out. . . NAC style

RE: [SG] meets [RL]

From: John Atkinson <johnmatkinson@y...>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 17:18:41 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: RE: [SG] meets [RL]

--- Beth.Fulton@csiro.au wrote:

> 1) Robots are overwhelmed by new booby traps so
> humans are needed anyway
> 2) Robots are sent through the area, they set off
> booby traps (e.g. mines
> set off by 42 lbs) and the area is assumed clean.
> Soldiers now enter to find
> that there is a second layer of booby traps (e.g.
> mines set off by 60 lbs
> etc).

The area is not assumed clean.	The robot sets off 1
mine and blows up.  All of a sudden we know for a fact
that this cave actually has inhabitants.  As opposed
to the hundreds of holes in the ground which are not
inhabited.

It's a safe and fast way to determine which caves are
worth further attention, not a replacement for
infantrymen.

Of course, in SGII drone counters aren't a replacement
for infantry either.

John

http://health.yahoo.com

Prev: RE: [SG] meets [RL] Next: RE: Scouts out. . . NAC style