Prev: Scouts out. . . NAC style Next: RE: [SG] meets [RL]

RE: [SG] meets [RL]

From: Beth.Fulton@c...
Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2002 10:03:18 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG] meets [RL]

G'day,

> I thought someone (Oerjan, perhaps?) pointed out
> that it's incredibly difficult to generate a
> strong enough EM pulse short of detonating a nuke....

EM pulse (buckets of water or even the Dr's hat over the eyestalk...)
maybe
not, but what about flash-bang's to overload the sensors, running an
electric charge down the trip wires to fry the bots (the reports I've
read
mention that solar panels etc were being used to power electronics in
the
caves so this is not that hard to see happening... given my limited
understanding about capacitors and short circuits). I was more wondering
about whether the booby traps would just change in form to accommodate
the
potential presence of robots. With a mind to scenario writing would the
following be a feasible potential event....

1) Robots are overwhelmed by new booby traps so humans are needed anyway
2) Robots are sent through the area, they set off booby traps (e.g.
mines
set off by 42 lbs) and the area is assumed clean. Soldiers now enter to
find
that there is a second layer of booby traps (e.g. mines set off by 60
lbs
etc).

Cheers

Beth

Prev: Scouts out. . . NAC style Next: RE: [SG] meets [RL]