Prev: Re: Modelling: How to remove epoxy Next: Re: A new member... Me!

Re: Modelling: How to remove epoxy

From: Roger Books <books@j...>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2002 23:11:17 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Modelling: How to remove epoxy

On 26-Jul-02 at 21:16, John Crimmins (johncrim@voicenet.com) wrote:

> I get overly elaborate, myself.  I put a piece of tape across the top
of
> the washer, and then flip it over and fill the hole with white glue.
Let
> it  dry overnight, and the result is nice and strong.  I then put the
glue
>  on the washer, spreay accelerator on the miniature's base, and then
> bring the two together.  Darned near instant bond.
>
> And then I texture it with Acryllic Gel Medium, and paint the sucker.

That brings up something that amazes me others haven't noticed.  An
OK mini on a nice base looks good.  A great mini on a bare base
looks really lame.  It seems odd to see people go to great lengths
to make a beautiful painted mini but they can't take 5 minutes
to flock the base.

Prev: Re: Modelling: How to remove epoxy Next: Re: A new member... Me!