Prev: RE: Dark Star? Next: Re: Dark Star?

Re: Dark Star?

From: Tony Francis <tony@b...>
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 09:45:16 +0100
Subject: Re: Dark Star?

Mark Siefert wrote:

>Hello:
>
>A couple of GenCon's back I remember a vender selling a series of very
nice
>6mm sci-fi armor figs that I believe were from Adler's "Dark Star"
range.
>At the time I didn't pick any up because micro-armor didn't interest
me.
>However, I feel the urge to pick up some new figs and I need to know if
A)
>the figures I saw were indeed Dark Star minis B) if the vendor will
make
>another GenCon appearance?

IMHO the Dark Star range are very good - the infantry are excellent
little replicas of the larger 25mm Denizen figures. I don't have any of
the tanks apart from a couple of little scout walkers, because I thought

they were too expensive to collect in any numbers (in the order of £2
(c.$3) for a single vehicle). However, what I saw of them impressed me a

great deal.

There are pictures here :
http://home.clara.net/adlermin/
which are straight from the catalogue (IIRC even that was overpriced -
£1 for a single photocopied sheet !).

Stone Mountain sell them in the US
http://www.historicalminiatures.com/admasf.htm
and interestingly the prices work out cheaper in the US !

Tony

Prev: RE: Dark Star? Next: Re: Dark Star?