Prev: RE: [SGII] AAR, Crouching weasle, hidden danger Next: Original post on [Stargrunt-Fullthrust] Another SG2 squad question

[FMAS] RALLYING

From: "Thomas Barclay" <kaladorn@m...>
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2002 21:38:43 -0400
Subject: [FMAS] RALLYING

Just a thought. In 2183, we assume that military
and police forces use HUDs, wrist computers,
blah blah blah high tech stuff.

If so, why would there be (just as a Devil's
Advocate) a Quality sized radius to rallying?

Could not someone be "talked down" over a
radio or videocom?

For FMAS:Adv, it might make sense to allow
such a test, but only from someone who meets
the other criteria specified in Jon's rally rules
but also who would have access to the squad
frequencies (such as the Sgt. or Lt.). And apply
a DOWN1 or DOWN2 to the test. I'm not saying
it'd be as easy to rally someone by radio, but I
don't think it is impossible either.

Anyone who has dealt with panicked people
over the phone (911 operators, etc) probably
can attest to the fact it is, in some cases,
possible to get people calmed down. It just isn't
as easy as it would be in person.

Just some food for thought.

Tomb.
Thomas Barclay
Co-Creator of http://www.stargrunt.ca
Stargrunt II and Dirtside II game site

No Battle Plan Survives Contact With Dice.
-- Mark 'Indy' Kochte