Prev: RE: [SGII] AAR, Crouching weasle, hidden danger Next: RE: [FT] Missile magazines

Re: [DS] Some questions from this weekend

From: Oerjan Ohlson <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 18:04:12 +0200
Subject: Re: [DS] Some questions from this weekend

John Atkinson wrote:

> >sense. Plus, there seems to be no quality roll or
> >anything to determine if the artillery is on target
> >and effectual. It just seems to arrive. Or did I
> >miss something?
>
>Nope.	Artillery comes where you tell it to come.
>With modern ballistic science, artillery, even
>unguided comes down where the FDC tells it to 99%+ of
>the time.

Well... as long as "where the FDC tells it" is an area some 50-100
meters
wide, anyway <g> At least that's what the active US and British
artillerymen I've talked to/listened in on recently claim :-/

>FDC is an AI nowdays.	What's left is the primary cause of artillery
not
>hitting the target in
>any era:  Spotter Error.  However, with GPS in every helmet and laser
>rangefinders on every rifle, then that is reduced.

...and with even weak GPS jammers built by off-the-shelf radio
components,
or distributed by enemy artillery, it goes back up again ;-)

> >3) Can vehicles alone close assault infantry? If not, why not?
>
>I'm inclined to say NO, because it's called Infantry Close Assault.
But
>it doesn't say so.

How would you do an overrun attack by vehicles against infantry in SGII?

> >4) Can infantry close assault vehicles with no
> >supporting infantry?
>
>All it says is that the target must be one enemy unit
>holding a single position or location.
>
>My question would be WHY?  There's no benefit that
>shooting at them with IAVRs wouldn't bring.

Because you're one of those players who keep track of the number of
IAVRs
used, and you have run out of them?

Later,

Oerjan
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.

Prev: RE: [SGII] AAR, Crouching weasle, hidden danger Next: RE: [FT] Missile magazines