Prev: Re: [FT] Missile magazines Next: Re: [FT] Missile magazines

RE: Air Power was: REALITY CHECK TIME!

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2002 09:33:54 -0400
Subject: RE: Air Power was: REALITY CHECK TIME!

Scott Siebold schrieb:
> In the SciFi	ground games I assume that anything that comes into the
combat > zone that is over 25 feet off the ground is dead.

That's pretty much a "In My Universe" thing.  Plainly it isn't the case
in
the GZGVerse, in Falkenberg's Legion, etc.  And in some universes, I
suspect that they don't use airpower simply because the author hasn't
thought of it.

Further, such an Ultra-Air Defense Environment doesn't necessarily apply
over the whole universe.  In the GZGverse, sending in airborne troops to
attack London would probably be pointless--you assume the NAC has enough
HEL batteries to knock down any troop carrier that gets close.	That
doesn't mean an occasional frisbee-sized stealth recon drone at 10,000
meters won't get through.  And it doesn't mean that a minor NAC
installation on a planet 10 parsecs away has the same level of defenses.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [FT] Missile magazines Next: Re: [FT] Missile magazines