Prev: Re: [SG] Discussion about weekend questions Next: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!

Re: Painting

From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@v...>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 19:24:45 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Painting

On Tue, 16 Jul 2002 18:02:36 -0400, "Laserlight"
<laserlight@quixnet.net> wrote :

> From: "John Crimmins" <johncrim@voicenet.com>
> > Did you start sponging directly on to the primer, then?  I applied
> the basecoat,
> > and drybrushed it, but it sounds like your way is even more of a
> shortcut.
>
> Black primer, then start sponging.  I haven't touched them with a
> brush yet, but will probably need to for the wheels.

I'll have to give this a shot then.  What I *really* want is an
airbrush...but that
requires money, which is in short supply at the moment.

> I noticed in your photos that the brown and tan bits your sponged have
> fairly crisp edges.  The way I did it, the edges are quite soft.  I
> suspect that you may have had more paint on the surface than I did, or
> possibly used a firmer sponge.

Probably both -- I used some "sea sponges", which I got from an art
supply
store.	 I intend to pick up some of those cosmetic sponges on the way
home
tonight, though -- time to do some experimenting.

--
John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: [SG] Discussion about weekend questions Next: Re: REALITY CHECK TIME!