Prev: Re: [SG] Another weekend question Next: Re: [SG] Another weekend question

Painting

From: "laserlight@q..." <laserlight@quixnet.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:20:24 -0400
Subject: Painting

At last GZG, Stuart showed us how to use cosmetic sponge wedges for
painting.   Works best on larger minis--I'm using a 15mm APC.  Prime it
black.
Pour out a few drops of your base coat (in this case, beige), get the
color
on the sponge, then pat it on your palette so the paint is absorbed into
the sponge.  Then pat it on the mini--don't try to make brush strokes as
that will smear it.  Add your second color (in this case, rust red).
Now add your third color (dark grey) using the sponge's edge to make
narrower lines.
I now have a camo scheme that looks drybrushed, using a sponge costing
about 2$ for a 12 pack.  The clincher--it took me 5 minutes, including
time
to mix the colors I wanted, to go from flat black to table-ready.

http://mail2web.com/ .

Prev: Re: [SG] Another weekend question Next: Re: [SG] Another weekend question