Prev: Re: Enhanced sensors Next: [DS] Some questions from this weekend

Re: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...

From: Tony Christney <tchristney@t...>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2002 19:36:10 -0700
Subject: Re: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...

Hi,

A missile has nearly the same definition as projectile, with the
distinction of having a defined target. A rocket has a rocket engine
as its means of propulsion. The terms are not interchangeable. For
example, a Tomahawk is a missile that is not a rocket, an ICBM and a
Sidewinder are both missiles and rockets, and the Me163 Komet is a
rocket that is not a missile.

Guided or unguided should properly be used only to determine whether
the trajectory is controllable after launch.

Cheers,
Tony Christney