Prev: Re: [Terrain] spraying cloth Next: Re: OT Posted to Petawawa Ontario

RE: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@t...>
Date: 12 Jul 2002 14:32:29 -0400
Subject: RE: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...

On Fri, 2002-07-12 at 13:19, John Sowerby wrote:

+++SNIPPED FOR BREVITY+++

> I wonder if the best thing to do is to play a WWII game, set up to
show the
> difference between the sides. Then take the best tanks of the period,
and
> knock down their abilities (fire control in the main, and weapon
grade, and
> maybe tweak the armour). Then play them against a modern force. Works
very
> well if the same player plays the WWII stuff in both.
>
> For the next step, knock down the modern stuff, and play against the
future
> stuff. Then finally, play a 'classic' Dirtside II game.

Actually, that does sound like a fun thing to do.  Perhaps I'll do both,
but in two different series of games:

Series One:  Each genre self-contained, WWII, Moderns, Sci-fi.

Series Two:  Your suggestion of pitching each genre against what is
historically the next genre.

Big cons are multi-day affairs, so I could run each series over the
course of a day and still have break between scenarios and hopefully
still have a day or so for "goofing off".

Whee!

--

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught

"...why I'm so sympathetic to the monsters. The answer is simple.

Prev: Re: [Terrain] spraying cloth Next: Re: OT Posted to Petawawa Ontario