Prev: RE: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions... Next: RE: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...

Re: [Terrain] spraying cloth

From: Adrian Johnson <adrian.johnson@s...>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 14:31:43 -0400
Subject: Re: [Terrain] spraying cloth

Hi,

>From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@quixnet.net>
>Subject: [Terrain] spraying cloth
>
>I've got a camel-colored felt cloth and I'm planning to make it a
>little more desert-looking.  I'm thinking some speckles of brown ink
>and maybe a little sandstone/khaki acrylic, watered down enouugh to
>spray, would work--but I figured I'd tap the List for ideas.
>Suggestions?

As Schoon pointed out, inks would be a bit difficult to use.  I think
you're likely to get what appear to be "stain areas" on the cloth, not
shaded cloth.

I've painted felt with regular acrylic paint, and it works though it is
big pain in the neck (the material is absorbant...)

You could try getting the cloth paint Karl mentioned, though I've not
tried
it for terrain.  The colouring might be too thick/dense.

Alternatively, you could try doing some areas with a paint and flock
over
those areas once the paint is dry - like I did with those river
sections.
So, aim for a "blotchy" look.

You could try spraying a white-glue/water mix onto the entire surface,
and
sprinkling a desert flock all over it thinly - aiming for a result
similar
to one of KR's desert ground mats, though without that level of flock
density.

Adrian Johnson
adrian@stargrunt.ca
http://www.stargrunt.ca

Prev: RE: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions... Next: RE: Multi-genre Dirtside II at conventions...