Prev: Re: [SG2/DS] Intel Next: Re: [FH] Campaigns

Re: [Terrain] spraying cloth - Followed by a tip about gluing flock.

From: Flak Magnet <flakmagnet@t...>
Date: 12 Jul 2002 08:53:11 -0400
Subject: Re: [Terrain] spraying cloth - Followed by a tip about gluing flock.

Break up the overall color of the cloth by spraying irregular-shaped
patches of other colors.  If you want to be able to machine wash this
thing, then go with fabric paints, otherwise just use spray paint.

After that, go ahead and do the paint-brush speckling trick Sean
suggested, and/or the ideas Karl Heinz had.

For all you terrain-making, flock flinging nuts out there:

Woodland scenics makes spiffy spray bottles and "scenic cement" for
spraying out of them.  The idea is you spray the scenic cement down,
flock it, tap off the excess flock and spray it again to "fix" the flock
in place.  It works.  It works really well.  It's also nothing special.

The "scenic cement" is nothing more than matte acrylic medium watered
down to approximately 1:7 parts medium:water.  Using this stuff has an
advantage over white glue in that when dry acrylics isn't water soluble
so moisture won't loosen the flock.

This protects your flock-job from rain (when moving from your car to the
gaming hall), sweaty-handed gamers that inside on leaning over the table
with their palm on your play-mat, spilled drinks (what is a 50ft tall
Coca-Cola doing in the middle of a battle anyway?), etc.

Just thought I'd share.

Liquid acrylic medium can be found in most art stores, or here:

http://www.liquitex.com/products/matte_medium.html

--

--Flak Magnet
Hive Fleet Jaegernaught

"...why I'm so sympathetic to the monsters. The answer is simple.

Prev: Re: [SG2/DS] Intel Next: Re: [FH] Campaigns