Prev: Re: [SG] Game Pictures and sort of AAR Next: RE: [SG] Game Pictures and sort of AAR

Re: Terrain for space games

From: Scott Siebold <gamers@a...>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:23:07 -0500
Subject: Re: Terrain for space games

>On 7/10/02 8:46 PM, "Scott Siebold" <gamers@ameritech.net> wrote:
>
>>Just started working on comet which is mounted on space ship stand
(from
>>non GZG company) which I plan to put cotton on to simulate the tail.
>>

>You might want to consider steel wool instead of cotton - much more
durable.

I have used cotton for splash marks for naval games and they can be
extremely durable. The secret
is to use a fine mist of dullcoat to "fix" the cotton into place. It
takes a couple of coats but it works.
I did hear a rumor that someone use hair net (as in spray) but I don't
know how or if it worked.

The only problem I would see with steel wool is that I plan to have a
tail at least 4 to 5 inches long and
it may imbalance the stand and tail crashing comets might get a little
embarrassing.

>>I have purchased styrofoam balls to simulate planets...
>>

>On another list I had wooden balls recommended as a sturdier
alternative -
>depends on what your goal is, durability or weight(!)

Sounds like a good idea. Ill check at the craft store for wooden balls.
We even have a carpentry
store which may carry them.

Scott Siebold