Prev: Re: [SG] Buildings Next: Re: [SG] Buildings

RE: [SG] Buildings

From: "B Lin" <lin@r...>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 14:14:21 -0600
Subject: RE: [SG] Buildings

Interiors with foam core become problematic as you need to take into
account the width of the foam core when drawing out the walls.	Although
3/16" foam core is pretty standard, I think you can find
1/4" and 1/8" too.  If someone was trying to build a building with foam
core exterior and thick-card interior, some of the internal details
might not match up as well.

It is possible to have designs that minimize the impact of wall width
(i.e. a single hallway with a single row of rooms to each side) but
complicated floor plans with several various sized rooms next to each
other may encounter problems.

When designing stuff that will be pasted on two sides, make registration
marks - either actual marks or a certain set of wall fixtures near the
top of the wall that can be used to help line up the two sides of the
wall (i.e. glow strips that occur every inch or two at the top of the
wall or a tall narrow ventilator cover that appears on both sides of the
wall in spots across from each other.)

Some thoughts,

--Binhan