Prev: Re: [Campaign] Criteria Next: Re: Re: Mission Creep - AI

Re: Assaulting an IP Unit

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 14:42:13 -0400
Subject: Re: Assaulting an IP Unit

> 3. Laserlight, I see your point. I assume your
> default CA is versus a non dug-in foe. You are
> suggesting it should be versus a dug in foe.
> Both are valid. All I'm suggesting is I've seen
> some close assaults I didn't think anyone would
> make (five guys getting up to charge a trench
> line 100m away with 2 x HMG, and 2 rifle
> squads ready to shoot).

World War 1, and make sure you advance at the walk lads, no running,
everyone stay in line, there's a good chap.
Not that I'm disagreeing with you--*I'm* certainly of the opinion that
a few kilometers is a good range and anything closer is getting a
little too personal.

> There are a lot of vagarities in CA. For example,
> there is an odds modifier for CA. But is it really
> sensible to do this by squad? What if I'm doing
> a joint close assault of (to be ludicrous) 6 4-
> man squads... versus one 8 man squad. Looks
> like (for each test, x 6) I'm attacking at 1-2
> odds. But in reality, I'm attacking at 3-1 in
> favour.

Once everyone gets up and going, yes, but you may not know whether
Charlie's squad is actually going to come to the party.  But I agree.
Maybe test in succession (first is at 1-2, he makes it, second is at
1-1, he makes it, third is at 2-1, he misses, fourth is also at 2-1)

Prev: Re: [Campaign] Criteria Next: Re: Re: Mission Creep - AI